Board of Governors, California Community Colleges
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT POSTING
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE PROGRAM ASSISTANT II
Final Filing Date: 5/3/2017
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.
Job Control Details
|Job Code #:
COMMUNITY COLLEGE PROGRAM ASSISTANT II
ASSOCIATE GOVERNMENTAL PROGRAM ANALYST
|# of Positions:
||Permanent, Full Time
Board of Governors, California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office provides
leadership and policy direction in the continuing development of the of the
California Community Colleges system, the largest system of higher
education in the nation, with 2.1 million students attending 113
For more information see http://www.cccco.edu/.
Under the direction of the Dean, Vocational Education, the Community College Program Assistant II will demonstrate relevant fiscal analytical skill set expertise in support of three critical division teams: Fiscal; Data; Program Monitoring. The incumbent provides feedback and analysis of federal and state rules and regulations and Chancellor’s Office policies regarding the use of federal and state categorical Career Technical Education (CTE), SB 1070, Economic and Workforce Development (EWD) SB 1402, and other funds to community college districts. The role of fiscal analyst ensures effective fiscal practice and provides oversight, accountability, and technical assistance in fiscal operations; facilitates statewide efforts in planning, developing, administering, improving, and evaluating programs within industry and regional sectors. With primary focus on jobs and the economy, the incumbent will ensure sound fiscal management and compliance to advance the agenda of the Division, Agency, and community college ecosystem, including supplying in-demand skills for employers; creating relevant pathways, and stackable credentials; getting Californians into open jobs; and ensuring student success.
See duty statement for additional information.
- Work in a climate-controlled, open office environment under artifical lighting.
- Exposure to computer screens and other basic office equipment.
- Occasional overnight travel throughout the State is required.
- Occasional public speaking is required.
Completed applications and all required documents must be received by the Final Filing Date in order to be considered.
Final Filing Date: 5/3/2017
Who May Apply
Individuals who are currently in the classification, eligible for lateral transfer, eligible for reinstatement, eligible for a Training and Development assignment, have SROA and/or Surplus eligibility, or have list eligibility (or are in the process of obtaining list eligibility). SROA and Surplus candidates may attach “surplus letters” to their applications.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified applicants will be selected for an interview.
How To Apply
Complete Application Packages (Applications and any applicable or required documents) must be submitted electronically through your CalCareer account at www.jobs.ca.gov.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview. The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview. Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting.
Required Application Documents
Please submit the following items with your application.
Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.jobs.ca.gov.
All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Statement of Qualifications - A Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) provides detailed information about your experiences and allows the hiring manger to better assess your qualifications for this position The SOQ demonstrates your ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing. The SOQ should be typed in 12 pt. Ariel font and no more than two pages. Your name and "Statement of Qualifications" must be at the top of each page. Please clearly address the following: 1. How your education, training, experience, and skills meet the desirable qualifications listed below. 2. Why you feel you are the most qualified candidate for this position.
- Resume is required and must be included.
In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
Minimum 2 years of State budget experience
Minimum 2 years State grants and contracts experience
Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal guidance or direction
Ability to work collaboratively as a team member
Strong analytical and research skills
Positive attitude, open-mindedness, flexibility, and tact
Commitment to quality service that exceeds expectations
Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities in a cooperative manner
- Good attendance and punctuality record
- Ability to consistently exercise a high degree of initiative
- Ability to analyze situations and take effective action
Working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
Focus attention to detail and follow through
Applications submitted without a Statement of Qualifcations (SOQ), resume, and verification of education will be considered not interested in his position. Resumes and cover letters do not take the place of the SOQ.
Applicants should clearly indicate position number 364-233-2550-024 / JC 60102 in the "Examination(s) or Job Title(s) For Which You Are Applying" box.
Applications will not be accepted via fax or email.
- All methods of appointments may be considered.